Is the future bright?

Well it depends I guess. I don't think the future is set in stone. And I think the future will be bright for some and not so bright for others. I definitely don't think there's such thing as predetermination, meaning God called all the shots a long time ago and we're just playing out what's already been decided. In fact I think that was the Luciferian proposal. Old scratch promised us that he would make the future certain in exchange for our giving up our freedom to choose. Much like communism. Let us be in charge and we'll make sure you have everything you need. Though the future is not set, the quick and dirty version of my view of the future is a cynical one. I have great respect for the opinions of Joel Skousen, another Mormon. I think he's what we all wish Mitt Romney was. He is terribly realistic, and that is a quality that gets results. I think that his realism is inspiring. The truth is this...if things are ever going to change, really going to change, it has to be done in reality. We always have to start with and in reality. So I think Joel Skousen is terribly advanced in his thinking because he is so realistic. Reality is my religion. I worship reality. I rely on reality, I only believe in reality. If you are to have anything, do anything, be anything, it must be done, had, and been in reality. It's a pretty simple concept, but one that strikes at the heart of everything. I'm actually working on a book right now called Truth and Propoganda that is about this very simple concept. You see I think most people are to terrified to actually look at reality. We don't want to know the truth because what if the truth isn't good? There's a lot to say about this simple idea and the human experience. I'm not sure what the future will bring, but I like a lot of Joel Skousen's thoughts. They are not bright for all people, or most people really. Here's the quick and dirty: Joel believes World War III is coming with a surprise attack from China. In the aftermath, if us conspiracy theorists are prepared, we can gather and salvage a free republic. If you watch the most recent Infowars interview with Chuck Baldwin, you'll note that he ends the interview by discussing his plans to move to Montana. I think Joel has gotten to him as well. The current struggle is worth the struggle, but Skousen doesn't think we will be successful. He has some very compelling arguments for why not. However he believes, supported by a lot of history, that God will always throw good people a bone, and our bone will come after the nuclear holocaust if we are prepared. Not something I discuss with my children, or my wife for that matter, but I believe it's terribly realistic and horribly plausible. So I feel a little mixed about the current struggle. I don't think our struggle will be successful in turning the tide, but I get really angry about everything going on and feel like I need to do something, so I keep writing. Spouting to anyone I can get to listen to me. Spouting is plan A, but in reality, my money is on plan B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, exciting news about the book - I'd love to read it when you're done!