I Hate Conspiracy Theories

You know what, more than anything else in the entire world, I want life and the world to go on just as it has for the first 30 years of my life. I'm sick and tired of uncertainty, I'm sick and tired of bad news, I'm sick and tired of predicting the future. I have beautiful children. I've worked hard for a long time to have a promising future and I feel like I'm watching all of it get washed into the toilet without any signs of hope. I'm really getting fed up with it all. I'm not trying to focus on the negative. I don't like looking at the ugly any more than anybody else. I don't like the present circumstances, but that doesn't mean I can ignore them. Facts are facts. I didn't create them, they terrify me, I hate thinking about them, but they are not going away and each day I wake up and more and more all these stupid conspiracy theories are coming true. I wish Alex Jones was a salesman taking advantage of us all. I wish our country was really just run by a bunch of stupid politicians. I wish Al Queda was our greatest enemy, but more and more every day it seems like there's something really really bad going on and I just really don't see many solutions. I feel like we're all about to get run over by a train and all we can do is comment about it to one another and hope something miraculous happens before this loud roaring train we can see 50 yards down the track reaches us. I read Ishmael, or most of it once and there's this allegory about a person who wants to fly so he jumps off the highest cliff he can find and thinks he's flying, but all the while he's really just falling and hasn't hit the ground yet. We're like that guy. The last century has felt like a pretty good flight, except now we're close enough to see the ground rushing up at us and I think some people think if we ignore it enough or call it something else, what we think is about to happen won't.

No comments: